Those Oldies amongst us who can actually remember Neil Armstrong walking on the Moon never think of it as just history. We were there. It was live, and we were all part of it.
Practically everyone on earth who could, was huddled around a TV set watching the shaky black and white pictures in awe.
It was something that united the whole world like nothing before. First stop the moon, then onwards to the stars! They talked about tourist trips to the moon within 5 years. Hotels on Mars within 10 years, and a passenger cruiser to Jupiter by 1999!
But harsh economic and scientific realities meant a rapid slow down in our race to the stars, the space program was downgraded, and dreams of space travel for everyone were pushed aside, and all but forgotten. But then something else came along, even larger than the moon landing in the history of the World – The Internet.
Now there really was no limit to what man or womankind could ever.
With the internet, you could make your own personal journey to the stars! Untold wealth for everyone we were told, just pick up your free site, and wait for the money to roll in. Not just to the stars, but to heaven itself!
At least that's what we were all led to believe just a couple of years ago, when Amazon introduced the first affiliate sites. But sadly, just like the little boy playing with his space toys, excitement, and expectation have given way to frustration and disappointment, and a general feeling that it just is not possible for normal people to go to 'infinity and beyond!'
So is it time to take off your play spacesuit and give up? Is it time to shake your shoulders and resign yourself to the fact that yet another of your dreams has been jettisoned out of orbit?
NO! In fact the space race has only just begun!
Even though your experience with the internet may be a disappointment so far, just stop and think. Can you imagine what disasters would have happened in the early Apollo missions if the astronauts had not been such highly trained professionals with the best possible equipment and resources.
Why should the internet be any different?
The journey to the stars is not just for the elite few. It is for everyone who chooses to travel. But you must have the right resources. You must have the knowledge, expertise and equipment necessary to survive. Quite simply, your business will die without it, just like an astronaut without life support.
For example, did you know: –
- You must have your own Website. It should be professionally designed with links to multiple affiliate / associate sites. A free affiliate / associate site is not enough on it's own.
- You also need to have your own domain name, not a free site name with a really long URL that no one will want to click on.
- You need to read everything you possibly can to learn how other people have done it. I now have a collection of dozens and dozens of free e-books which I give away on my site, which contain all of the knowledge you will need.
- You can get thousands of people to your website by offering freebies and other things. Just spend a few hours surfing all the freestuff sites for things you can give away on your own site.
- You must have a constant source of traffic going to your website. Only a tiny fraction of people visiting your site will buy anything, so you need to get thousands to visit. Once you understand and accept this, and know how to get them, then you are on your way!
- You will never make any money by only advertising on free sites, even with submission software. Let people place an ad free on your site. You will get far more response than placing your own ad on someone else's free site.
- Once you start to become successful, then you can become even more so, by writing your own articles and submitting them to some of the thousands of e-zines and getting free publicity.
- Definitely the best way of doing business is to have your own newsletter to communicate with your customers to build up a relationship with them. For this you need a listserver. This is software which enables you to communicate with thousands of people at once.
I used to be like one of those poor monkeys in the early space flights, being led blindly into oblivion by their masters. Believing all the hype about instant riches, and not being able to do anything about it. Luckily I realized before too late, that instant riches is just fantasy. But with an investment of time to learn what to do, and an investment of money to get the right tools, anyone can be in control of their own flight to the stars!