- Vancouver is the venue for the FUT Champions Season 2 regional finals for the Rest of World region and the Americas, to be contested on Friday 21 and Saturday 22 April respectively
- The participants will be battling it out not just for the title but also for spots at the FIFA 17 Ultimate Team Championship, to take place in Berlin on 19 and 20 May
- The events will be streamed live on FIFA.com
Rest of World regional final: two tickets to Berlin up for grabs
Friday 21 April, 07:45 local time
Back on 11 February, 32 top gamers from across the globe descended on Sydney for the Season 1 regional final, with Khalid “xX ThE RoYaL Xx” Aloufi and ex-world champion Abdulaziz “A8drAfwz” Alshehri shining and booking their places in Berlin.
However, all is not lost for the participants who suffered disappointment in Australia, many of whom will be back in action in Canada and hoping to make the most of this second bite of the cherry. They include Mark “SoIaris-Samurai” Brijeski, a former FIWC qualifier who reached the knockout stage in Sydney, as well as Joseph “OhNoAGoat” Nassar and John “Johnny Atilla” Orban, both of whom will be looking to avoid falling at the first hurdle this time around.
#TeamFUTWIZ #FUTRegionals #FUTChampions pic.twitter.com/XBUwc9kWua
— FUTWIZ (@FUTWIZ) April 19, 2017
Americas regional final: six tickets to Berlin up for grabs
Saturday 22 April, 07:45 local time
Brazilians stole the show in Miami back on 20 February, making off with half of the six available tickets to the German capital. Indeed, the final was an all-Brazilian affair, with Rafael “Rafifa 13” Fortes overcoming compatriot Lucas “Lucasrep98” Goncalves to capture the title.
Who will make their mark in the Season 2 regional final? Several familiar faces will be in the running, such as the New Yorker Christopher “didychrislito” Holly, who narrowly missed out on qualifying for Berlin in Florida. Another figure who will be in the spotlight is Portland Timbers ambassador Nicholas “MarsBar11” Mars, who will be competing in the Xbox division after winning the MLS March to Soccer Challenge in the Big Apple last month.
The Season 2 Regional Finals start on Friday with the best players in the Americas and ROW region. #FUTChampions https://t.co/8HRqThKkbA pic.twitter.com/S6iMqwXbhP
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) April 18, 2017
– Each regional final features 32 participants split into two divisions, PS4 and Xbox One
– Each division consists of four groups of four players. The top two in each section go through to the knockout stage
– The PlayStation and Xbox champions meet in a two-legged final, with one leg contested on each console
Full breakdown of the rules for the regional finals
European regional final (6 May in Madrid)
FIFA 17 Ultimate Team Championship (19-20 May in Berlin)